PhD/MPhil Process Integration / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2024
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
In your application you’ll need to include:
- The name of this programme
- Your research project title (i.e. the advertised project name or proposed project name) or area of research
- Your proposed supervisor’s name
- If you already have funding or you wish to be considered for any of the available funding
- A supporting statement (see 'Advice to Applicants' for what to include)
- Details of your previous university level study
- Names and contact details of your two referees.
Advice to applicants
- Identified the specific research project, CDT or dual-award you'd like to apply for or, if you already have funding, determined your own research project and title and discussed this with a supervisor.
- Contacted the project supervisor and spoken to them about your suitability for the project.
- Browsed funding you are eligible for and discussed this with your supervisor, if you don't already have your own funding.
- Supporting statement: A one or two page statement outlining your motivation to pursue postgraduate research, the area(s) of research you’re interested in, why you want to undertake postgraduate research at Manchester, any relevant research or work experience, the key findings of your previous research experience, and techniques and skills you’ve developed.
- Certificates and transcripts: Certificates and final transcripts of any completed university-level qualifications and interim transcripts for qualifications in progress. If your transcripts are in a language other than English, you must provide an official English translation. If your current weighted average mark or GPA is not included on these documents, please also include an official document from your university verifying this information.
- CV: Summarising your academic record and highlighting experience that demonstrates your potential to conduct research.
- English language proof: A certificate or evidence demonstrating your English language ability and proficiency. Applications can be considered without this evidence but any offer would be conditional on meeting minimum requirements.
- Referees: Names and contact details of two academic referees who we can get in contact with and will support your application.
It is normally possible to defer entry to another entry point within the academic year, with the approval of your supervisory team and funder (if applicable).
You can request a deferral by contacting the Doctoral Academy Admissions Team by emailing email@example.com . If you request deferral for entry in a subsequent academic year you may be required to re-apply.