Earth and Environmental Sciences
The Department's research specialisations range from the formation of elements in stars to the safe disposal of radioactive waste and humanity's effects on the earth and its atmosphere.
Our academic staff have experience and expertise across a wide range of disciplines and the School is uniquely placed to offer a broad spectrum of research degree programmes.
The Department has a superb equipment base to support research and teaching, together with associated sample preparation and workshop facilities.
Start your postgraduate research journey today
Visit our dedicated Science and Engineering postgraduate research page where you can browse projects built on your research passion in Earth and environmental sciences, find a supervisor that shares your vision and discover how your research could be fully funded.
- Atmospheric Sciences PhD/MPhil
- Atmospheric Sciences MSc by Research (1 year)
- Basin Studies and Petroleum Geoscience MSc by Research (1 year)
- Bioarchaeology PhD/MPhil
- Biomolecular Science PhD/MPhil
- Biotechnology PhD/MPhil
- Earth Science PhD/MPhil
- Earth, Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences MSc by Research (1 year)
- Ecology and Evolution PhD/MPhil
- Environmental Science PhD/MPhil
- Isotope Geochemistry and Cosmochemistry MSc by Research (1 year)
- Palaeontology PhD/MPhil
- Palaeontology MSc by Research (1 year)
- Petroleum Geoscience PhD/MPhil
- Planetary Science PhD/MPhil