Postgraduate researchers in the Division of Psychology and Mental Health are part of a vibrant and flourishing centre of research and teaching that provides a stimulating environment for our large student population. We offer a range of diverse postgraduate research and professional development opportunities spanning audiological sciences through to cognitive neuroscience.
At the hub of our research activity is a commitment to providing an unrivalled study experience, whether it be for students seeking specialist clinical training or the potential to explore the science of psychology and human interaction. We provide the best postgraduate training for our students and regularly review our provision by looking at new opportunities.
Research study is focused on developing the next generation of clinical and academic pioneers. Delivered across recognised centres of excellence, PhD training combines specialist expertise with transferable skills that provide the foundations for a career in academia or clinical settings.
As we are part of the Economic and Social Research Centre (ESRC) North West Doctoral Training Centre, our students commonly attract funding from this scheme. However, our students are also funded by the Medical Research Council (MRC) and other sources.
Find out more about postgraduate research in psychology at the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health.
- Clinical Psychology PhD (3 years)
- Counselling Psychology PD (3 years)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology ClinPsyD (3 years)
- Experimental Psychology PhD/MPhil (3 years)
- Health Psychology PhD/MPhil (3 years)
- Mental Health PhD/MPhil (3 years)
- Paediatric Sciences PhD/MPhil (3 years)
- Psychiatry PhD/MPhil (3 years)
- Psychology PhD/MPhil (3 years)