- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
BSocSc Sociology / Careers
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
Our graduates are highly sought after and are able to use their skills and knowledge in a wide range of different areas.
We embed a course on the `Sociology Futures' programme that runs across all three years of the degree. It involves lectures, workshops, panels and other activities, all designed to help with your studies and equip you for the world of work.
Academic and careers skills courses include:
- training in critical reading and writing;
- essay and exam techniques;
- presentation skills;
- preparing dissertations;
- regular events on jobs, careers and employability;
- volunteering and internship opportunities;
- meeting Sociology alumni, graduate employers, Careers Service advisers and other experts at the University.
Recent graduates are now working at:
- The Ministry of Justice;
- the NHS;
- the British Council;
- United Nations Refugee Agency;
- AMNET Media; and
You will have to access our Careers Service as a student and for two years after you graduate. The service can help you:
- find summer internships or work experience;
- apply for jobs and provide practice interviews;
- access online and interactive services such as practice psychometric tests.
At Manchester you will also have access to a number of opportunities to help boost your employability .
For more information, see careers and employability .