- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
This course is available through clearing
MChem Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry / Course details
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
Course unit details:
MChem Yr4 Project Execution
|Unit level||Level 4|
|Teaching period(s)||Full year|
|Offered by||Department of Chemistry|
|Available as a free choice unit?||No|
Students studying in the 4th year of an MChem programme will undertake a major individual research project under the supervision of a member of academic staff. Students will be associated with a research group and will be supported by regular meetings with the project supervisor.
Given the varied nature of the research projects the type of work will differ between students.
This two-semester project exposes students to:
- Developing a research project with appropriate supervision;
- Writing a detailed scientific report with full bibliography;
- Presentation and viva voce (oral examination) on the project work.
Literature-based projects are not allowed.
- Undertake a substantial research project with a high degree of autonomy
- Produce an detailed scientific report on their research
- Display their knowledge of the research topic and defend their course of investigation in an oral examination.
|Practical skills assessment||100%|
In addition to regular informal meetings with the supervisor and research group, there are 6 formal meetings which are specifically designed for feedback on practical work, written work and preparation for presentation and viva.
Dependent on the project undertaken
|Scheduled activity hours|
|Practical classes & workshops||105.6|
|Independent study hours|
|Simon Webb||Unit coordinator|