BA History and American Studies / Overview
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical contextual A-level offer (what is this?)
ABB, including A in History.
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
35 points overall. 6,6,5 in Higher Level subjects (including 6 in History)
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- Combine training in History with an immersion in the interdisciplinary field of American Studies.
- Engage with a range of American literature, history, film, politics, and popular culture.
- Pursue, in parallel with American Studies, the study of diverse historical periods, themes, cultures and sub-cultures.
- Study at a university ranked 3rd in the UK for American Studies (Complete University Guide 2019) and 7th in the UK for History (QS World University Rankings 2019).
Find out what it's like to study at Manchester by visiting us on one of our open days .
Tuition fees for home students commencing their studies in September 2021 will be £9,250 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £19,500 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Policy on additional costs
All students should normally be able to complete their programme of study without incurring additional study costs over and above the tuition fee for that programme. Any unavoidable additional compulsory costs totalling more than 1% of the annual home undergraduate fee per annum, regardless of whether the programme in question is undergraduate or postgraduate taught, will be made clear to you at the point of application. Further information can be found in the University's Policy on additional costs incurred by students on undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes (PDF document, 91KB).
- School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
- Contact name
- Lindsey Murtha
- (00 44) (0)161-275 3098
- School/Faculty overview
See: About us
- History BA (3 years)
- English Literature and American Studies BA (3 years)
- American Studies BA (4 years)
- American Studies BA (3 years)
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.