BA East Asian Studies / Overview
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
- Degree awarded
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical contextual A-level offer
Grades BBB.Find out more about contextual admissions.
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
34 points overall. 6,5,5 in Higher Level subjects
- Number of places/applicants
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- Gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the East Asian region's cultures, histories, societies, economics and politics, while studying in Western Europe's most linguistically diverse city.
- Take an interdisciplinary approach to the study of East Asia with a course that can be tailored to your needs.
- Have the option to study Chinese, Korean or Japanese.
Find out what it's like to study at Manchester by visiting us on one of our open days .
Tuition fees for home students commencing their studies in September 2021 will be £9,250 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £19,500 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Policy on additional costs
All students should normally be able to complete their programme of study without incurring additional study costs over and above the tuition fee for that programme. Any unavoidable additional compulsory costs totalling more than 1% of the annual home undergraduate fee per annum, regardless of whether the programme in question is undergraduate or postgraduate taught, will be made clear to you at the point of application. Further information can be found in the University's Policy on additional costs incurred by students on undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes (PDF document, 91KB).
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.