BA Ancient History and History / Overview
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
- Degree awarded
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical contextual A-level offer (what is this?)
ABB, including A in History or Ancient History
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
35 points overall. 6,6,5 in Higher Level subjects (including 6 in History or Ancient History)
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- Study at a university ranked 9th in the UK for History (Complete University Guide 2020), while Ancient History at Manchester received a top score (93%) for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2020.
- Combine the study of the Greek and Roman worlds with medieval and modern history.
- Discover medieval and contemporary history, stretching from Late Antiquity to modern day histories of globalisation.
- Learn from passionate and committed historians at the cutting edge of their subjects.
- Receive training in a variety of historiographical techniques, including specialisms vital to historical research.
Find out what it's like to study at Manchester by visiting us on one of our open days .
Fees for entry in 2021 have not yet been set. For entry in 2020 the tuition fees were £9,250 per annum for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2021 entry.
Policy on additional costs
All students should normally be able to complete their programme of study without incurring additional study costs over and above the tuition fee for that programme. Any unavoidable additional compulsory costs totalling more than 1% of the annual home undergraduate fee per annum, regardless of whether the programme in question is undergraduate or postgraduate taught, will be made clear to you at the point of application. Further information can be found in the University's Policy on additional costs incurred by students on undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes (PDF document, 91KB).
- Ancient History BA (3 years)
- Classical Studies BA (3 years)
- Classics BA (3 years)
- History BA (3 years)
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.