BA Sociology and Portuguese / Overview
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
- Degree awarded
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours
- 4 Years Full Time
- Typical A-level offer
Grades ABB plus GCSE grade B/6 in a modern language
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
34 points overall. 6,5,5 in Higher Level subjects. Please see A-levels for any pre-requisite subjects.
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS
- Join one of the UK's largest and most reputable groups of sociologists working in a leading Sociology department.
- Develop the skills to analyse and interpret today's social developments and problems, and carry out your own sociological investigations.
- Gain advanced linguistic skills in Portuguese and an in-depth cultural understanding of Portuguese society.
- Spend your third year abroad in a Portuguese-speaking country.
Policy on additional costs
All students should normally be able to complete their programme of study without incurring additional study costs over and above the tuition fee for that programme. Any unavoidable additional compulsory costs totalling more than 1% of the annual home undergraduate fee per annum, regardless of whether the programme in question is undergraduate or postgraduate taught, will be made clear to you at the point of application. Further information can be found in the University's Policy on additional costs incurred by students on undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes (PDF document, 91KB).
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.