BAEcon Economics and Finance / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2022
- View tabs
- View full page
- We do not accept two A/S Levels grades in place of one A-level.
- Applicants must be studying at least one of the following A-level subjects: Accounting, Anthropology, Business Studies, Classics, Economics, English Language/Literature, Further Mathematics, Geography, History, Law, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Religious Studies, Sociology, Use of Mathematics and World Development.
- We accept native language A Levels providing they are taken in the same sitting as your other subjects. We will not accept the combination of Mathematics, Further Mathematics and a native language.
- We accept the Level 3 Diploma in Financial Studies (DipFS) as equivalent to an A-level if taken alongside two full A-levels from the list of acceptable subjects above.
Unit grade information
Applicants must demonstrate a broad general education including acceptable levels of Literacy and Numeracy, equivalent to at least Grade C or 4 in GCSE/iGCSE English Language and Grade B or 6 in GCSE/iGCSE Mathematics. GCSE/iGCSE English Literature will not be accepted in lieu of GCSE/iGCSE English Language.
6,6,6 at Higher level, 36 points overall. Applicants offering Mathematics or Maths Studies at Standard or Higher level must achieve a minimum of grade 5. Applicants taking English Language A must achieve grade 4 at Higher or Standard level. Applicants offering English Language B must achieve grade 5 at Higher level and grade 6 at Standard level.
Changes to International Baccalaureate Diploma Mathematics Courses from September 2019, first examination 2021. We are aware of the planned changes to the IB Mathematics curriculum. IB students will be able to choose from: Mathematics: analysis and approaches and Mathematics: applications and interpretation from September 2019.
For this programme of study we will accept: Mathematics: analysis and approaches or Mathematics: applications and interpretation at SL or HL and students must achieve a minimum of Grade 5
Alternative entry requirements
Alternative entry requirements exist for this course. You may view these by selecting from the list below.
All applicants to the University (from the UK and Overseas) are required to show evidence of English Language proficiency. The minimum English Language requirement for this course is either:
- GCSE/iGCSE English Language grade C.
- IELTS 6.5 overall with no lower than 6 in any component.
- TOEFL (IBT) 92 overall with minimum of 22 in all components.
- iGCSE English (Second Language) grade B.
- An acceptable equivalent qualification.
Please note that if you hold English as a second language iGCSE qualification, we may also require you to offer one of our acceptable equivalent English Language qualifications or achieve a higher grade in your iGCSE than the one stated above. Please contact the academic School for clarification.
The UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires that every student from outside the UK and the EU must show evidence of a minimum level of English Language in order to be granted a UK visa (Tier 4 visa) to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level. This level is often referred to as the 'B2 level'.
Additionally, our individual Schools may ask for specific English Language proficiency levels that are necessary for their academic programmes. In most cases these requirements are likely to be higher than the B2 level. Further information about our English Language policy, including a list of some of the English Language qualifications we accept, can be found here .