- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
BA Philosophy / Careers
Year of entry: 2023
- View tabs
- View full page
We have one of the best records for placing graduates with employers of any British university, and we are currently the joint most targeted university by top graduate recruiters in the UK.
Our graduates have progressed to careers in a wide range of sectors, reflecting the broad nature of our courses. Popular routes include journalism and media, charities, consultancy, the civil service, finance, marketing and PR, social work, teaching and law.
Recent graduates have gone on to work for:
- Manchester City Council;
- Royal Bank of Scotland;
- Palgrave MacMillan;
- Lloyds TSB;
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office;
Postgraduate study presents another option for progression and past graduates have continued their studies in subjects such as philosophy, teaching, law, political theory, business and marketing.
The University has its own dedicated Careers Service that you would have full access to as a student and for two years after you graduate. The service can help you:
- find summer internships or work experience;
- apply for jobs and provide practice interviews;
- access online and interactive services such as practice psychometric tests.
At Manchester you will have access to a number of opportunities to help boost your employability. The University organises careers fairs and events throughout the year to give you a chance to meet graduate recruiters.
You can also improve your employability by choosing course units in Year 2 from:
- the University College for Interdisciplinary Learning ;
- the Manchester Leadership Programme or Manchester Enterprise Centre;
- an extensive list of optional language units.
Find out more about careers and employability .