BEng/MEng Aerospace Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year / Overview
Year of entry: 2023
- View tabs
- View full page
- Degree awarded
- Bachelor of Engineering(Hons)
- 1 (as part of 4/5 yr integrated degree programme)
- Typical A-level offer
Grades BBC where a student has 3 relevant subjects
Grades BBB where a student has 2 relevant subjects
Grades ABB where a student has 1 relevant subject
The subjects considered to be relevant are Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Design & Technology, Engineering. If you have any queries, please contact us before making an application.
- Typical contextual A-level offer
This course does not participate in the contextual offer scheme.Find out more about contextual admissions.
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
32 points overall with 5,5,5 in Higher Level subjects, including Mathematics, or Physics and Mathematics at Standard Level, if not studying at Higher Level.
For this programme of study we will accept: Higher Level Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches or Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation, at Standard Level or Higher Level.
Applicants studying the International Baccalaureate Career Related Programme (IBCP) should contact the academic School prior to applying so that their academic profile can be considered.
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
On the Aerospace Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year you are an undergraduate at The University of Manchester. The course is taught at The University, by academics from The University. Provided you achieve the specific progression criteria for your chosen degree, completion of the Integrated Foundation Year guarantees you a place on first year of your chosen degree.
- Study in the city which was the birthplace of the industrial revolution
- We have a long and proud engineering history, which goes back nearly 200 years
- We offer a range of practical and exciting courses, developed alongside industrial and international engineering leaders.
- We have fantastic facilities and a great depth of academic knowledge - an ideal place for a budding engineer to study.
- Accredited course suitable for those interested in gaining chartered engineering status.
- Learn in our brand-new, purpose-built space for innovation and creativity that is transforming the way our students study, research, and shape the world forever. Explore Our Home for Engineering and Materials.
Tuition fees for home students commencing their studies in September 2023 will be £9,250 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £22,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Policy on additional costs
All students should normally be able to complete their programme of study without incurring additional study costs over and above the tuition fee for that programme. Any unavoidable additional compulsory costs totalling more than 1% of the annual home undergraduate fee per annum, regardless of whether the programme in question is undergraduate or postgraduate taught, will be made clear to you at the point of application. Further information can be found in the University's Policy on additional costs incurred by students on undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes (PDF document, 91KB).
The Foundation Year Bursary is available to UK students who are registered on an undergraduate foundation year here and who has had a full financial assessment carried out by Student Finance.
Details of country-specific funding available to international students can be found within our International country profiles .
The University of Manchester is committed to attracting and supporting the very best students. We have a focus on nurturing talent and ability, therefore, we want to make sure that you have the opportunity to study here, regardless of your financial circumstances.
For information about scholarships please visit our undergraduate student finance pages and the Department funding pages that you intend to progress to after successfully completing the Foundation Year.
- School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
- +44 (0) 161 543 4015
- School/Faculty overview
See: About Us .
- Mechanical Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year BEng/MEng (See full entry)
- Civil Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year BEng/MEng (See full entry)
- Electrical, Electronic & Mechatronic Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year BEng/MEng (See full entry)
- Chemical Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year BEng/MEng (See full entry)
- Computer Science with an Integrated Foundation Year BSc (See full entry)
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.