- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
BSc Public Health (on campus) / Careers
Year of entry: 2024
- View tabs
- View full page
A career in public health offers diverse opportunities in a variety of settings, from local public health departments to global NGOs (non-government organisations).
This course is a great step towards a career in one of the following areas:
- Public health practitioner
- Consultant in public health
- Public health manager
- Public health officer
- Health educator
- Public health statistician /assistant
- Public health intelligence analyst/ assistant
- Public health researcher/research assistant
- Health visitor
- Community development worker
- Environmental health worker
- Transport development worker
- Housing officer
- Health promotion officer
- Health improvement practitioner
- Lecturer in public health
- Communicable disease consultant
- Health protection specialist
- Health-related communication or marketing officer
- Fundraising and charity work to help improve the lives of vulnerable people
- Improving healthy lifestyles
- Occupational health
You could also explore a range of related areas such as town planning and urban development, mentoring and counselling, food sustainability and climate change or teaching.
There are a range of careers resources offered by the University and the Faculty of Public Health, which is a membership organisation for public health professionals in the UK and around the world.
You may wish to take our Master of Public Health. We offer bursaries to BSc Public Health graduates.
To aid your career path, you can find additional advice and resources here:
- Healthcare Careers (University Careers Service)
- Finding international jobs - information for students looking for opportunities outside the UK (University Careers Service)
- Public Health training scheme (Faculty of Public Health) Professional development opportunities
Our BSc Public Health students will have access to our paid PPD (personal professional development) courses for free. This access enables students to further develop their skills and knowledge above and beyond the scope of their degree.