Information sessions, presentations and visits
Adult learners who are considering returning to education to pursue a degree, or who have already applied to Manchester, can sign up for an Adults Returning to Education Session.
Adults Returning to Education Session
This is a one-to-one meeting or group session with a member of staff that gives you the opportunity to ask any questions and to receive relevant information and support.
Sessions include information on the following areas:
- University study
- Student support
- Student societies and social networks
- UCAS application process
- Admissions processes
- Entry requirements
- Student finance
You can also participate in a guided tour following the session.
Book your appointment
Appointments will last 30 minutes and will run from 9am until 2pm. The appointments for this academic year will take place on:
For further information, or to reserve a place on a session, email: email@example.com.
If you are unavailable between 9am and 2pm on the dates listed above, please contact Gabriele Wegner on 0161 275 1378 or by email at Gabriele.firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternative arrangements. Early evening appointments can also be requested.
Request a visit to your college
We're happy to visit colleges that provide Access courses and are based within the Greater Manchester area either to run a drop-in session for students to discuss their higher education options or to deliver a presentation on any of the following:
- choosing a university course;
- explaining how the application process works, including advice on writing a successful personal statement.
If you're interested in arranging a visit or to find out more, then please contact Gabriele Wegner on 0161 275 1378 or by email at email@example.com.
University campus visits for groups of school and college students
Tutors of groups of students can book their students on to a campus visit to The University of Manchester, to get a taste of university life and experience first-hand the atmosphere of the University campus.
Visits will last approximately two hours and will consist of the following:
- a welcome presentation – which features content relevant to adult learners returning to education, such as what to include a personal statement and managing academic study;
- a student ambassador Q&A session – with a panel made up of current students and a chance to ask them questions on how they have managed their student experience;
- a campus tour of the University.
If you’d like to book a campus visit for your students, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss dates and availability. If there is a specific subject area your group are interested in, please include this in your email and we will look at the possibility of arranging a session with this department as part of your visit.
Please note that the following conditions apply:
- each date must have a minimum of 25 students booked on from any school or college;
- your booking may be merged with another college group;
- bookings must be made at least one month in advance of your scheduled visit date;
- subject-specific sessions will increase the duration of your visit.