Information sessions, presentations and visits
Adult learners who are considering returning to education to pursue a degree, or who have already applied to Manchester, can sign up for an Adults returning to education session.
Adults returning to education session
In line with the UK Government’s latest advice about coronavirus and in common with many other universities, the University has suspended all physical face-to-face teaching (including laboratories, seminars and tutorials) and has closed all non-essential sites from 5pm on Tuesday, 17 March.
If you have any question regarding any of the below, please email Gabriele Wegner who will respond to you:
- University study
- Student support
- Student societies and social networks
- UCAS application process
- Admissions processes
- Entry requirements
- Student finance
Request a visit to your college
We're happy to visit colleges that provide Access courses and are based within the Greater Manchester area either to run a drop-in session for students to discuss their higher education options or to deliver a presentation on any of the following:
- choosing a university course;
- explaining how the application process works, including advice on writing a successful personal statement.
If you're interested in arranging a visit or to find out more, then please email Gabriele Wegner.
University campus visits for groups of school and college students
Tutors of groups of students can book their students on to a campus visit to The University of Manchester, to get a taste of university life and experience first-hand the atmosphere of the University campus.
Visits will last approximately two hours and will consist of the following:
- a welcome presentation – which features content relevant to adult learners returning to education, such as what to include a personal statement and managing academic study;
- a student ambassador Q&A session – with a panel made up of current students and a chance to ask them questions on how they have managed their student experience;
- a campus tour of the University.
If you’d like to book a campus visit for your students, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss dates and availability. If there is a specific subject area your group are interested in, please include this in your email and we will look at the possibility of arranging a session with this department as part of your visit.
Please note that the following conditions apply:
- each date must have a minimum of 25 students booked on from any school or college;
- your booking may be merged with another college group;
- bookings must be made at least one month in advance of your scheduled visit date;
- subject-specific sessions will increase the duration of your visit.