Manchester is the only university in the UK to have social responsibility as a core goal. For our students, this means we take our commitment to social responsibility seriously. That's why we provide all our students with opportunities to make a difference in the real world.
Here they’ll find a whole host of transformational academic and extracurricular activities to help them stand out, make their mark and make a difference to the world.
We encourage all of our students to accelerate their personal and professional development during their time at Manchester by participating in Stellify – a package of some of our most transformative student experiences.
Students can choose Stellify activities grouped around five points of action, to help them develop the five distinctive attributes of a Manchester graduate that help them stand out as people with potential.
Stellify enables students to develop beyond their chosen subject and gain the distinctive attributes of a University of Manchester graduate. They’ll leave here not just as graduates but as global citizens and skilled candidates ready to make an impact in the workplace.
'Stellified' students have learned to:
- embrace learning without boundaries, actively seeking to broaden their perspectives and horizons;
- understand the issues that matter in contemporary local and global societies;
- make a difference through socially responsible awareness and actions;
- step up to fresh challenges, responsible roles, ethical leadership; and
- engage with their future through proactive personal planning and career development.