The University of Manchester and The University of Toronto have a long-standing and evolving relationship which has gained significant momentum over recent years.
Our shared areas of strategic interest include:
- urban innovation (looking at urban infrastructure smart cities, and urban governance);
- advanced materials and biotechnology;
- arts and creativity;
- cancer research, and digital health innovations.
Some recent highlights of our partnership include:
- the launch of a Joint Translational Centre for Digital Health;
- 22 pump-priming research collaborations;
- fully funded PhD scholarships with joint supervision from staff at both Manchester and Toronto.
We are excited by the tremendous opportunities that partnering with Manchester are providing to our faculty, students, and researchers. The breadth and depth of these interdisciplinary collaborations is truly remarkable and reflects the tremendous synergy between our two institutions.Professor Christopher Yip / Dean, Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering, The University of Toronto
Our pump-priming fund aims to further research links and grow our influence, undertaking research of global standing and impact.
International Doctoral Cluster
Fully-funded PhD scholarships from the Manchester Urban Institute, allowing students time in both Manchester and Toronto.