Advice for teachers
We know it’s an unsettling time at the moment, so we’ve pulled together information to help you and your students during the pandemic.
Information on applicants and offer-holders for 2021 admission
We're working closely with awarding organisations to fully understand the changes that have been put in place and will adapt our admissions processes to take account of the necessary changes.
We understand that it is a very unsettling time for all our applicants. We want to reassure you that we're doing all that we can to ensure that changes in application process won’t affect you students' opportunity to attend Manchester.
We've a dedicated frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for applicants and offer-holders. Please let your students know about this resource as we'll continue to update it as more information is available, and will communicate with offer-holders directly with any important updates.
In addition to the FAQs, our admissions teams are on hand to discuss your students’ offers with them should they have any queries or concerns. As a University dedicated to knowledge, wisdom and humanity, we want to provide as much support as possible for students and offer-holders, as well as you as their adviser, at this difficult time.
Information on recruitment and outreach activities
We're using the current situation as an opportunity to review our outreach offer and the future. The pandemic has led to new, innovative ways of working for the team and we're keen to capture the benefits of these in our activities in the future.
We're currently unable to attend off-campus events such as recruitment fairs, but we've been able to provide alternative ways for teachers, schools and pupils to engage with us, in place of our more traditional face-to-face interactions which we hope to return to in the future:
- Virtual Manchester allows students to explore interactive content and experience our University wherever they are. Students can visit The University of Manchester app and take a self-guided tour of campus. In addition to the tour, your students will find student profiles and course information.
- We've a range of virtual resources and pre-recorded talks for pre and post-16 learners.
- Our Manchester Live webinars are for post-16 learners which offer information, advice and guidance on applying to, or studying at, the University.
- Students can book a one-to-one session with a member of University staff to find out more about applying for undergraduate study through Manchester Connect.
- You can request a virtual presentation or Q&A session with us.
For further information, and for any requests, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQs for applicants and offer-holders
Find out the latest information on coronavirus and how it affects students' applications to Manchester.
Explore interactive content and experience our University through a virtual self-guided tour.