Bedrooms and bathrooms
Canterbury Court offers mixed-sex accommodation with around ten people per flat.
You'll share a spacious sitting room, a large dining/utility room and a well-equipped kitchen.
Bedrooms are en suite.
Bedroom features include
- Bed, mattress and cover
- Desk light
- Operator chair
- WiFi access
En suite bathrooms include
- Shower with curtain or door
- Hand basin
Why choose Canterbury Court?
You'll enjoy an active hall community that works closely with neighbouring Saint Anselm Hall to organise lots of events and activities throughout the year.
Standard features include
Utility bills, internet and contents insurance are included and catered halls provide two meals a day, Monday to Friday.
Most halls have bike shelters and storage racks against which you can lock your bike.
Personal possessions insurance is included for your property in halls. View insurance certificate.
All halls have access to washing machines and dryers (online payment via Circuit Laundry).
You'll have access to high-speed WiFi in all hall areas.
The University has a dedicated, first-aid trained security team available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Oven and hob
- Storage (above and below counter)
- Kettle (for hot water)
- Dustpan and brush
- Dining table and chairs
- Lounge furniture
Cleaning and domestic equipment
- Mop and bucket
- Vacuum cleaner
- Iron and ironing board
- Waste and recycling facilities
Where is Canterbury Court?
Canterbury Court Kent Road East Victoria Park M14 5BX (Administration Office at Dalton Ellis Hall)
Tel: +44 (0)161 306 9840
Travelling to campus
This hall is approximately 1.3 miles from the centre of campus, University Place.
- 26-minute walk via Oxford Road and Whitworth Park.
- 7-minute cycle: Oxford Road offers protected cycle routes.
- 17-minute bus journey: you can ride the 147 bus for free with your student card.
Unique support on hand
At Manchester, you’ll be supported from day one by our dedicated team of ResLife Advisors.
- From 6pm to 8am every day, including bank holidays and University closure periods, your ResLife Advisor is there to help you make the most of your time in halls.
- Advisors are students and staff who live in halls with you and can help with anything from academic worries to settling in.
- There's also the Counselling and Mental Health Service, the SafeZone app and Report and Support available.
Life in and around Canterbury Court
Halls are thriving communities where many students make friends for life.
- Your ResLife and Hall Executive Committees run social events throughout the year, from plant giveaways and yoga to film nights and BBQs.
- Set in the quieter Victoria Park, you'll enjoy leafy surroundings and access to local parks.
- You'll be close to the academic campus, shops and eateries selling a range of cuisine and produce.
Meet the ResLife team
ResLife offers 24/7 support to students living in halls.
ResLife Rep, Eden, introduces the Team, what they do and how they can help.
Moving into halls
Georgia talks about living in halls and her first-year moving tips.