Bedrooms and bathrooms
George Kenyon offers single rooms in self-contained flats for six postgraduate students.
Bedrooms come with an en suite, a dedicated study area and plenty of storage space.
Bedroom features include
- Bed, mattress and cover
- Desk light
- Operator chair
- WiFi access
En suite bathrooms include
- Shower with curtain or door
- Hand basin
Why choose George Kenyon Hall?
George Kenyon Hall is on the academic campus and within walking distance of all buildings, libraries, the Students' Union and cafes.
You'll share spacious common areas, including a computer cluster and table tennis room.
Standard features include
Utility bills, internet and contents insurance are included and catered halls provide two meals a day, Monday to Friday.
Most halls have bike shelters and storage racks against which you can lock your bike.
Personal possessions insurance is included for your property in halls. View insurance certificate.
All halls have access to washing machines and dryers (online payment via Circuit Laundry).
You'll have access to high-speed WiFi in all hall areas.
The University has a dedicated, first-aid trained security team available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Oven and hob
- Storage (above and below counter)
- Kettle (for hot water)
- Dustpan and brush
- Dining table and chairs
Cleaning and domestic equipment
- Mop and bucket
- Vacuum cleaner
- Iron and ironing board
- Waste and recycling facilities
Where is George Kenyon Hall?
George Kenyon Hall off Booth Street East Manchester M13 9PY Your Administration Office will be at Whitworth Park, 316 Oxford Road, M13 9WJ.
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 4950
Travelling to campus
This hall is approximately 0.1 miles from the centre of campus, University Place.
- 3-minute walk via Oxford Road.
- 1-minute cycle: Oxford Road offers protected cycle routes.
- -minute bus journey: you can ride the 147 bus for free with your student card.
Unique support on hand
At Manchester, you’ll be supported from day one by our dedicated team of ResLife Advisors.
- From 6pm to 8am every day, including bank holidays and University closure periods, your ResLife Advisor is there to help you make the most of your time in halls.
- Advisors are students and staff who live in halls with you and can help with anything from academic worries to settling in.
- There's also the Counselling and Mental Health Service, the SafeZone app and Report and Support available.
Life in and around George Kenyon Hall
Halls are thriving communities where many students make friends for life.
- Your ResLife and Hall Executive Committees run social events throughout the year, from plant giveaways and yoga to film nights and BBQs.
- Set in the heart of our academic campus, with lectures, libraries and the Students' Union on your doorstep.
- You'll be close to the city centre and its famous culture, arts and media scene.
Meet the ResLife team
ResLife offers 24/7 support to students living in halls.
ResLife Rep, Eden, introduces the Team, what they do and how they can help.
Moving into halls
Georgia talks about living in halls and her first-year moving tips.