If you're an undergraduate (bachelor’s degree) student from a university outside the UK, you can apply to come to Manchester on a Study Abroad or exchange programme.

Whether you spend a semester or full academic year studying with us, you’ll have the opportunity to enrol in a variety of courses, join one of more than 400 societies, and experience student life in the UK’s top city to live in (The Economist Global Liveability Index, 2022). 

You can join us either as part of a pre-established exchange agreement with your home university or through our Study Abroad (fee-paying) Programme. 

Exchange programme

In partnership with many non-UK universities, we run an exchange programme where nominated students can spend time studying at Manchester, usually without paying any fees to us.

We have hundreds of exchange partners around the world, with partnerships in Asia, Europe, North and South America, and Australia. Look through our list of partners and find out if your home university participates in the programme.

Before applying to Manchester as an exchange student, you’ll need to complete your home university’s process for going on exchange and they’ll need to notify us by email that you're being nominated.

Study Abroad (fee-paying) Programme

If you’re studying at a university outside the UK and would like to spend time at Manchester, but we’re not in an existing exchange partnership with your home institution, you can still join us through our Study Abroad (fee-paying) Programme. 

On this programme you’ll pay tuition fees directly to The University of Manchester, unless you apply through an intermediary such as Arcadia College of Global Studies or the Study Abroad Foundation (SAF).

Entry requirements and applications

Find out how to apply to a programme and when.

Read our step-by-step guide