PGCE Primary / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2020
- View tabs
- View full page
Academic entry qualification overview
- Bachelors degree (minimum 2:1 or international equivalent).
- Two A-levels in non-vocational subjects (minimum grade C).
- GCSEs in English Language, Mathematics and Science, plus at least three other non-vocational subjects (minimum grade C).
In addition to a grade C at GCSE in English Language, applicants whose first language is not English are required to meet the following language requirements:
- IELTS 6.5 overall, 6.5 in writing, no sub-section below 6.0, or
- TOEFL iBT overall score of 90 with a minimum score of 22 in writing and 20 in the other sub-sections, or
- Pearson PTE overall score of 62 with a minimum score of 62 in writing and 55 in the other sub-sections, or
- Cambridge CAE grade A or Cambridge CPE grade C (please note that the Cambridge First Certificate in English is not acceptable).
English language test validity
Some English Language test results are only valid for two years.
Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
Professional entry qualification
Applicants with a 2:2 Bachelors degree may be considered if able to demonstrate evidence of higher academic attainment (eg through non-vocational postgraduate study) or at least four years of employment or voluntary work, either before or after graduating from their first degree.