MSc Management of Projects
Year of entry: 2019
Course unit details:
Project Planning and Control
|Unit level||FHEQ level 7 – master's degree or fourth year of an integrated master's degree|
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 2|
|Offered by||School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering|
|Available as a free choice unit?||No|
The course unit addresses issues associated with managing projects in a business environment. As well as learning project management techniques and their application, students will gain an appreciation of strategic and organisational issues associated with performance management. The coursework associated with the unit is based on the PRINCE2 methodology which is a widely recognised standard in project management.
1) To develop an understanding of the application of project planning concepts and techniques.
2) To demonstrate the importance of project monitoring and control and the need to adapt and revise the project plan due to changing circumstances.
3) To provide insight into the usefulness of standard approaches to project planning and control by considering the PRINCE2 methodology.
4) To ensure that students understand and can apply appropriate techniques to plan, monitor and control work packages, projects and programmes.
5) To develop understanding in the use of project performance management and use of Key Performance Indicators.
6) To develop understanding of and ability to use a range of investment appraisal techniques.
-The importance of planning and control of projects
-Project monitoring and control
Other - online quiz
Exam - via script viewing and individual feedback on request
Online quiz - feedback via Blackboard
|Scheduled activity hours|
|Independent study hours|
|Clara Cheung||Unit coordinator|