Academic entry qualification overview
The standard academic entry requirement for this Master's course is a minimum Upper Second Class UK Honours degree or international equivalent in a relevant science or engineering discipline. Please note that we consider grades achieved in key relevant modules in your undergraduate degree as well as the overall degree result.
All applicants to the University (from the UK and Overseas) are required to show evidence of English Language proficiency. The minimum English Language requirement for this course is:
• IELTS: overall score of 7.0 with no sub-test below 6.5.
• TOEFL iBT: at least 100 overall with no sub-test less than 22. We do not accept 'MyBestScore'. We do not accept TOEFL iBT Home Edition.
• Pearson PTE: at least 76 overall with no sub-test below 70.
• Pre-sessional English run by the University Centre for Academic English
• An acceptable equivalent English Language qualification.
English language test validity
Some English Language test results are only valid for two years. Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.