MSc (Clin) Endodontics / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2020
How to apply
Please apply via our online application form . See the application and selection section for details of the supporting documents we require.
We recommend that you apply as early as possible. We reserve the right to close applications if the course is full.
Advice to applicants
You must provide the following with your application:
- proof of two years' recent post-graduation clinical experience, this must not include your internship;
- two academic references on headed paper, signed and dated;
- copies (not originals) of degree certificates;
- official academic transcripts of previous study showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these are in a language other than English please provide official translations. If you hold a BDS from a UK university, you do not need to provide a transcript of results, but you must provide a copy of the certificate;
- personal statement;
- full CV;
- copies (not originals) of English Language certification if you are an EU/international applicant from a country not officially recognised as majority English-speaking.
Only applications with all required supporting documentation will be processed. Conditional offers cannot be made for those who do not meet the minimum requirements for the course.
EU/international students should upload a copy of your current valid passport showing the photograph page with your application. Evidence of citizenship of an EU country will be required for those claiming home student status with your application.
How your application is considered
We consider your academic transcripts, academic references, evidence of clinical skills and knowledge developed since graduation, and evidence of your interest in endodontics when assessing applications.
Overseas (non-UK) applicants
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1,000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
Please upload a copy of your current valid passport with your application showing the photograph page with your application. For CAS purposes, this must show your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and the date the passport is valid until, which must be later than the date of your planned arrival in the UK, and the start date of your course.
You cannot use your CAS to apply for a visa more than three months before the start date of your course, the Admissions Team will be in touch at the appropriate time.
Your CAS number is only valid for one Tier 4 application.
Fitness to practise / health requirements
Health clearance from the University's Occupational Health Department will be a condition of any offer.
See the HEOPS standards of medical fitness to train guidance (PDF, 84KB) for more information.