MSc Bioinformatics and Systems Biology / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2019
Academic entry qualification overview
We require an honours degree (minimum Upper Second) or overseas equivalent :
- biological sciences
- medical sciences
- physical sciences
- computing sciences subject
With sufficient evidence of the relevant units taken.
We may also consider exceptional applicants with a Lower Second who also have research experience or equivalent professional experience.
We ask for English language proof if you are from non-majority English speaking countries (a list of majority English speaking countries, as defined by the UK Home Office, can be found here ).
Specifically, we require a minimum of:
- IELTS : 6.5 overall (6.5 in each component)
- TOEFL: 90 internet-based (with 22 in each component)
See further information about requirements for your country .
We may also accept evidence of a confirmed place on a University Pre-sessional English language course , if your current IELTS scores are:
- Minimum 6.0 overall with 6.0 in writing plus enrolment and attendance on the 6-week pre-sessional course (PS6)
- Minimum 5.5 overall with 5.5 in writing plus enrolment and attendance on the 10-week pre-sessional course (PS10)
Please note, we must approve this before you apply for the English course.