MSc Advanced Electrical Power Systems Engineering / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2024
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
We operate a non-staged admissions process for this programme. Provided your application is complete we aim to give you a decision on your application within 3 months from the date in which it was submitted. However, due to the competition for places and the volume of applications received, it may take longer than the standard time frame to receive an outcome. Please note that all places are subject to availability.
Applications placed after 30th June 2024 may be considered at our discretion if there are still places available on the programme.
Applicants who are made a conditional offer of a place must demonstrate that they have met all the conditions of their offer by 31st July 2024.
Advice to applicants
We require the following documents before we can consider your application:
- Official Bachelor degree transcripts, including official translations and original language copies if study not undertaken in English. 2+2 and 3+1 applicants must provide official transcripts and certificates from both institutions.
- An official document from your university verifying your current weighted average mark (not arithmetic average) if this information is not included in your transcript of study. Please note : where grades are given as a percentage, the weighted average mark must also be recorded as a percentage, not as a GPA grade.
- Degree certificate if you have already graduated.
- If still studying, please provide an official list of all the modules you are taking in your final year.
- A CV if you graduated more than three years ago.
- We require one supporting academic reference. Referees will be contacted and asked to submit a reference directly to us via our referee portal. We will let you know when they have done this. Make sure your referees are aware in advance as they play a vital part in the assessment of your application.
Personal statements are not required for your application to this programme.
If English is not your first language, we also require proof of your English language ability. If you have already taken an English language qualification, please include your certificate with your application.
You must submit all these supporting documents with your application. If any of the above information is missing, we will not be able to consider your application and it may be withdrawn.
How your application is considered
We consider your full academic history including which course units you have taken and the marks obtained. Even if you have met our minimum entry requirements, we will take into account your marks in relevant course units in our final decision making.
If you graduated more than three years ago, we will also consider the information contained on your CV and any relevant work experience you have to assess if you are still able to fulfil the entry criteria.
Overseas (non-UK) applicants
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1,000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
Please upload a copy of your current valid passport with your application showing the photograph page with your application. For CAS purposes, this must show your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and the date the passport is valid until, which must be later than the date of your planned arrival in the UK, and the start date of your course.
If you have previously studied in the UK on a Tier 4 visa as an undergraduate or postgraduate student, please send a copy of your previous CAS statement to us as it will assist with the issue of your new CAS statement. This includes study in the UK on study abroad programmes and any study that you did not complete.
You cannot use your CAS to apply for a visa more than three months before the start date of your course. The Admissions Team will contact you at the appropriate time.
Your CAS number is only valid for one Tier 4 application.