MSc International Development: Globalisation, Trade and Industry / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2022
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
Please note, this programme is now closed for International applicants, as the course is now full. Home applications are still accepted.
Applications for 2023 entry will open in October 2022.
Advice to applicants
Please submit the following documents with your completed application form:
- copies of official degree certificates and transcripts of your previous study, showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these documents are in languages other than English please provide official translations;
- your CV;
- copies of English Language Certification, eg IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson test score report.
Ensure that you enclose all the necessary documents, as the delay caused in having to seek any missing documents from you might adversely prejudice your application.
Staged admissions process
As there is a high demand for our courses, we operate a staged admissions process with selection deadlines throughout the year.
Due to the competition for places and high quality of applications that we receive, we give preference to students from high-ranking institutions and with grades above our minimum entry requirements.
Please ensure you submit all supporting documentation with your application before the application deadline to avoid a delay in processing.
- Stage 1 : Application received by 3 December 2021 ; Application update by 10 February 2022
- Stage 2: Application received by 14 January 2022 ; Application update by 10 March 2022
- Stage 3: Application received by 18 March 2022 ; Application update by 12 May 2022
- Stage 4: Application received by 29 April 2022 ; Application update by 16 June 2022
- Stage 5: Application received by 1 July 2022 ; Application update by 28 July 2022
- Stage 6: Application received by 19 August 2022 ; Application update by 31 August 2022
While we aim to give you a decision on your application by the deadline date, in some instances due to the competition for places and the volume of applications received, it may be necessary to roll your application forward to the next deadline date.
Applications received after our final selection deadline will be considered at our discretion if places are still available.
Please note, all places are subject to availability and if you apply at one of the later stages, some courses may already be reaching capacity or be closed to further applications. We, therefore, recommend that you apply early in the cycle to avoid disappointment.
How your application is considered
Applications for MSc International Development: Globalisation, Trade & Industry are very competitive. Due to the high demand for the programme we may not be able to offer places to all applicants who have the entry qualifications that we require. If you meet our entry requirements but we are unable to make you an offer you may be placed on a waiting list. Candidates on a waiting list will receive an offer only if places become available.
Once your application has been received, our admissions team will contact you. We may ask you to submit additional information, if necessary.
Deferral of entry will be accepted for the next consecutive academic year of entry.
Should applicants request a second deferral of entry, they will be required to submit a new application.
If you applied in the previous year and your application was not successful you may apply again. Your application will be considered against the standard course entry criteria for that year of entry.
In your new application, you should demonstrate how your application has improved. We may draw upon all information from your previous applications or any previous registrations at the University as a student when assessing your suitability for your chosen course.