PGCE Secondary History / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2020
Academic entry qualification overview
- Minimum 2:1 honours degree in history or a related subject. A minimum of 50% of your degree content should be history-related, if you are unsure, please contact us to discuss your qualifications.
- 104 UCAS points including a B in History or a related subject at A-level (or equivalent qualifications), excluding AS-levels, General Studies, and counting your three best A-level grades.
- Minimum grade C or 4 at GCSE (or equivalent) in English language and mathematics.
In addition to a grade C at GCSE in English Language, applicants whose first language is not English are required to meet the following language requirements:
- IELTS 6.5 overall, 6.5 in writing, no sub-section below 6.0, or
- TOEFL iBT overall score of 90 with a minimum score of 22 in writing and 20 in the other sub-sections, or
- Pearson PTE overall score of 62 with a minimum score of 62 in writing and 55 in the other sub-sections, or
- Cambridge CAE grade A or Cambridge CPE grade C (please note that the Cambridge First Certificate in English is not acceptable).
English language test validity
Some English Language test results are only valid for two years.
Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
Relevant work experience
We recommend that you spend at least two days observing secondary school or sixth form teaching prior to attending an interview.