MSc Precision Medicine / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2023
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
Please apply via our online application form . See the application and selection section for details of the supporting documents we require.
We recommend that you apply as early as possible. We reserve the right to close applications if the course is full.
Advice to applicants
We require the following documents before we can consider your application.
A personal statement (maximum 500 words) providing the following details:
- Why you are interested in this course (approx 100 words).
- How this course aligns with your future career goals (approx 100 words).
- Outline your relevant skills and research experience, giving examples of your ability to work both independently and in groups (approx 200 words).
- Give an example where you solved a scientific problem during your undergraduate research project (approx 100 words).
- In one sentence outline what future work you would propose for the project you have discussed above.
In addition to the above, we also require:
- Transcript of your studies to date.
- Degree certificate (if you have already graduated).
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- An academic reference. You will be required to provide the name and contact details of two referees during completion of the application form. Your referees will be contacted directly and asked to provide a letter of reference. When providing referee details, you must ensure the email addresses are accurate and official, typically ending with an institutional domain. We do not accept references provided from a personal email address, eg Hotmail or Gmail.
If any of the supporting documents is not in English, you must also provide us with an official or certified English translation.
If English is not your first language, we require proof of your English language ability. If you have already taken an English language qualification, please include your certificate with your application. We may be willing to consider your application without this document, but if we choose to make you an offer, the conditions will include IELTS (or equivalent qualification).
How your application is considered
Overseas (non-UK) applicants
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1,000 towards their tuition fees before a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
You cannot use your CAS to apply for a visa more than three months before the start date of your course. This means that if you intend to begin a course on 18th September 2023, we will not issue you with a CAS number before 18th June 2023.
Your CAS number is only valid for one student visa application.
If you applied in the previous year and your application was not successful you may apply again.
Your application will be considered against the standard course entry criteria for that year of entry. In your new application you should demonstrate how your application has improved. We may draw upon all information from your previous applications or any previous registrations at the University as a student when assessing your suitability for your chosen course.