MSc Science and Health Communication / Careers
Year of entry: 2024
- View tabs
- View full page
Our graduates have gone on to careers in a wide range of sectors, including media relations, public engagement, museum and civic organisation work, popular and technical science writing, medical writing, science and health policy, media production, and science and health campaigning and advocacy.
Our MSc also provides an appropriate grounding for students wishing to pursue PhD-level research in science or health communication and related fields.
Previous graduates have gone on to a wide range of relevant posts, including:
- Communications officers at science, health, and environmental charities, at scholarly and professional societies, and for specialist academic centres.
- Policy analysts in government and for professional and industry organisations.
- Museum and public engagement professionals at cultural and civic institutions.
- Technical writers, medical writers, and account managers for companies in the science, health, engineering, and biotech sectors.
- Media creation and production for print, online media, radio, and television.