MSc Science and Health Communication / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2022
- View tabs
- View full page
Academic entry qualification overview
We require an Upper Second honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent in:
- science or health care;
- social sciences;
- policy studies;
- media studies or communications;
- the arts.
This course is both an advanced study course for experienced practitioners, and a conversion route from other backgrounds. We may also consider applicants based on evidence of alternative study, research or professional experience that meets the University's requirements.
International students must demonstrate English proficiency through a secure and approved testing system.
We ask for English language proof if you are from non-majority English speaking countries (a list of majority English speaking countries, as defined by the UK Home Office, can be found here ).
Specifically, we require a minimum of:
- IELTS : 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in every component
- TOEFL: 90 internet-based (with a minimum of 22 in every component)
See further information about requirements for your country .
We may also accept evidence of a confirmed place on a University Pre-sessional English language course, if your current IELTS scores are:
· Minimum 6.0 overall (with no skill less than 5.5) plus enrolment and attendance on the 6-week pre-sessional course (PS6)
· Minimum 5.5 overall (with no skill less than 5.5) plus enrolment and attendance on the 10-week pre-sessional course (PS10).
Please note, we must approve this before you apply for the English course. If you wish to be considered for a pre-sessional course please contact the admissions team email@example.com.