Contacts and resources for master’s funding

You may find the following University of Manchester and external contacts and resources useful when searching for funding for your master’s.

School and Faculty websites

School and Faculty websites may contain more detailed information about funding for the specific course(s) you are interested in, particularly about project-specific studentships, which are advertised throughout the year.

Faculty of Science and Engineering

Faculty of Humanities

  • School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
    Incorporating Archaeology, Art History and Visual Studies, Classics and Ancient History, Drama, East Asian Studies, English, American Studies and Creative Writing, French Studies, German Studies, History, Italian Studies, Linguistics and English Language, Middle Eastern Studies, Music, Religions and Theology, Russian and East European Studies and Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies, Translation and Intercultural Studies
  • School of Environment, Education and Development
    Incorporating the Global Development Institute (GDI) with the disciplines of Architecture, Geography, Planning and Landscape, and Education.
  • School of Social Sciences
  • Incorporating Criminology, Economics, Law, Politics, Philosophy, Social Anthropology, Sociology and Census and Survey Research.
  • Alliance Manchester Business School

Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health

Other University departments

The Careers Service

Our Careers Service has a whole section just for postgraduates with advice on a huge range of careers paths. If you are looking to pursue a career in academia, our award-winning website, An Academic Career, is an invaluable resource.

International Office

The International Office can give guidance on a range of issues for international students, such as tuition fees, UK banking and the costs of living in the UK.

Students Services Centre

Staff in the Student Services Centre (SSC) can provide advice on tuition fees, US and Canadian loans, and the Access to Learning Fund (which is a fund to help students during term-time who need extra financial support due to unexpected costs or personal circumstances).

In addition, the International Student Advice Team, based in the SSC, can advise on working in the UK and immigration issues.

To contact the SSC call +44 (0)161 275 5000 or email