Contacts and resources for master’s funding
School and Faculty websites contain detailed information about course funding, particularly on project-specific studentships, which are advertised throughout the year.
School and Faculty websites
Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Department of Materials
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
Faculty of Humanities
- including Archaeology, Art History and Visual Studies
- Classics and Ancient History
- East Asian Studies
- English, American Studies and Creative Writing
- French, German, Italian, Middle Eastern, Russian and East European and Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies
- Linguistics and English Language
- Religions and Theology
- Translation and Intercultural Studies
- including the Global Development Institute (GDI)
- Planning and Landscape
- including Criminology
- Social Anthropology
- Sociology and Census and Survey Research
- Alliance Manchester Business School
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
Other University departments
The Careers Service
Our Careers Service has a whole section just for postgraduates with advice on a huge range of career paths.
The International Office can give guidance on a range of issues for international students, such as tuition fees, UK banking and the costs of living in the UK.
Students Services Centre
Student Services Centre (SSC) staff can provide advice on tuition fees, US and Canadian loans, and the Access to Learning Fund (which helps students during term-time who need extra financial support due to unexpected costs or personal circumstances).
In addition, the International Student Advice Team, based in the SSC, can advise on working in the UK and immigration issues.
To contact the SSC call +44 (0)161 275 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.