Working while you study for your master’s

There is a wide range of part-time employment opportunities for master’s students in the city of Manchester and across campus.

Our Careers Service has comprehensive guidance on how to find part-time work. You can also browse jobs or register for vacancies to be emailed to you.

You can also find part-time job vacancies:

  • in the local press (such as the Manchester Evening News and Metro);
  • at Jobcentres;
  • by registering with a temp agency;
  • on notice boards across the University in academic Schools, bars, cafes and the Students' Union;
  • across the city on notice boards and posters in shops, supermarkets and restaurants.

International students

If you are an international student, you must show that you have enough money to cover the cost of your tuition fees and living expenses without needing to work before embarking on your studies.

International students may also be able to undertake part-time work in the UK.