MSc Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics (Dental Specialties) / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
Please apply via our online application form . See the application and selection section for details of the supporting documents we require.
We recommend that you apply as early as possible. We reserve the right to close applications if the course is full.
Advice to applicants
You must provide the following with your application:
- proof of two years' recent post-graduation clinical experience, this cannot include your internship.
- two academic references on headed paper, signed and dated and within the last 12 months;
- copies (not originals) of degree certificates;
- official academic transcripts of previous study showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these are in a language other than English please provide official translations. If you hold a BDS from a UK university, you do not need to provide a transcript of results, but you must provide a copy of the certificate;
- personal statement;
- full CV;
- copies (not originals) of English Language certification if you are an EU/international applicant from a country not officially recognised as majority English-speaking.
Only applications with all required supporting documentation will be processed. Conditional offers cannot be made for those who do not meet the minimum requirements for the course.
EU/international students should upload a copy of your current valid passport showing the photograph page with your application. Evidence of citizenship of an EU country will be required for those claiming home student status.
How your application is considered
We consider your academic transcripts, academic references, evidence of clinical skills and knowledge developed since graduation, and evidence of your interest in fixed and removable prosthodontics when assessing applications. An interview may also be required to explore these areas.
Fitness to practise / health requirements
Health clearance from the University's Occupational Health Department will be a condition of any offer.
See the HEOPS standards of medical fitness to train guidance (PDF, 84KB) for more information.
Disclosure and Barring Service check
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for those candidates residing in the UK.
Overseas candidates are required to provide a Police Certificate of Good Conduct.