MSc Electrical Power Systems Engineering / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
Advice to applicants
We can only assess complete applications. You must include all of the applicable items from the following list:
- Official Bachelor degree transcripts, including official translations and original language copies if study not undertaken in English. 2+2 and 3+1 applicants must provide official transcripts and certificates from both institutions.
- Final Degree Certificate, or Study Certificate confirming dates duration and level if degree not yet complete.
- One supporting reference letter, signed by hand and on headed paper. These can be scanned and uploaded when you apply or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . We do not request references on an applicant's behalf and it is your responsibility to ensure your referees know how to provide your reference to us.
- Current IELTS certificate if available (please note that conditional offers can be made without proof of English ability).
- If studying in the UK from overseas, a copy of your BRP card and an enrolment letter accurately confirming dates duration level and location of UK studies.
- If still studying, please provide an official list of all the modules you are taking in your final year.
- Applicants studying in China are required to provide an official document confirming average percentage grade.
- A CV if you graduated more than three years ago.
Please note that failure to provide these documents may lead to your application being declined. We will only contact you once to request any missing documents, and failure to provide them by the deadlines given in our email will result in your application being unsuccessful.
How your application is considered
We consider your full academic history including which course units you have taken and the marks obtained. Even if you have met our minimum entry requirements, we will take into account your marks in relevant course units in our final decision making.
If you graduated more than three years ago, we will also consider the information contained on your CV and any relevant work experience you have to assess if you are still able to fulfil the entry criteria.
Overseas (non-UK) applicants
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1,000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
Please upload a copy of your current valid passport with your application showing the photograph page with your application. For CAS purposes, this must show your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and the date the passport is valid until, which must be later than the date of your planned arrival in the UK, and the start date of your course.
If you have previously studied in the UK on a Tier 4 visa as an undergraduate or postgraduate student, please send a copy of your previous CAS statement to us as it will assist with the issue of your new CAS statement. This includes study in the UK on study abroad programmes and any study that you did not complete.
You cannot use your CAS to apply for a visa more than three months before the start date of your course. The Admissions Team will contact you at the appropriate time.Your CAS number is only valid for one Tier 4 application