Department of Mathematics Scholarship Award
Type of award
Department of Mathematics
This fully-funded studentship includes:
- Tuition fees at home or international rate
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend (for home students only)
These studentships are open to all UK students who want to undertake research in mathematics.
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
To be considered for this award you must either:
- Hold (or be about to obtain) first or upper second class honours on a four year undergraduate degree (e.g. MMath) in a mathematical subject
- Or, hold (or be about to obtain) first or upper second class honours on a three year undergraduate degree (e.g. BSc) and a master's (e.g. MSc) with merit or distinction (or international equivalent), both in a mathematical subject.
This funding is available to all nationalities.
Other eligibility criteria
This award can be held alongside other awards.
- Apply for a place on the PhD programme of your choice.
- Specify in your application form under the funding section that you'd like to be considered for the ‘Department of Mathematics Scholarship Award’.
- We will then assess your application and whether we can offer you this or another funding stream.
Applications are accepted all year round.
Contact details for enquiries
- FSE Doctoral Academy Admissions Team
Tel: 0161 306 4826