School of Environment, Education and Development Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2021 entry
Type of award
School of Environment, Education and Development
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
To be confirmed.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- International Development
- Planning and Environmental Management
Candidates should meet the entry requirements of the School of Environment, Education and Development:
- Bachelor degree with First Class or Upper Second Class Honours (or international equivalent)
- Master degree with a minimum grade of 60% in the dissertation and a minimum taught average grade of 60% (or international equivalent)
- English language proficiency if applicable - minimum of IELTS 7 overall with 7 in writing and 6 in the other subsections or TOEFL 100 overall with 25 in writing and 22 in the other subsections or Pearson 66 overall with 66 in writing and 59 in the other subsections
Please note that existing PhD students cannot be considered for this funding.
This funding is available to all nationalities.
Other eligibility criteria
All eligible offer holders who do not already have other funding confirmed will be considered for School studentships. No additional application procedures apply.
Specific research groups within the School welcome PhD applications within the areas of their current research priorities, which are listed below.
Successful PhD and Professional Doctorate applicants are automatically considered for this funding - no further application is required.
01 Feb 2021
Contact details for enquiries
- Christopher Kitchen
Postgraduate Research Recruitment and Admissions
Tel: +44(0)161 275 0807