China Scholarship Council - The University of Manchester Joint Scholarship for PhD Study in Alliance Manchester Business School 2018-19
Type of award
- Faculty of Humanities
- Alliance Manchester Business School
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business and Management
- Science, Technology and Innovation Policy
This funding is available to students from:
Other eligibility criteria
- Candidates will be citizens and permanent residents of the People's Republic of China at the time of application; overseas Chinese students may be eligible for application subject to CSC policy at the time; (CSC publicises the policy in October or November every year)
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of their studies and/or research
- Candidates must hold an unconditional offer from The University of Manchester. They must fulfil the relevant academic entry requirements set by their chosen School at The University of Manchester, including a high level of English language proficiency.
- Candidates should satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Research proposal
- Evidence of English language proficiency, if applicable
The University of Manchester will evaluate the candidates, upon receiving applications and rank them in priority order. The University of Manchester will provide CSC and each qualified candidate with a copy of the offer letter.
After receiving the offer letter from The University of Manchester, candidates must also apply to CSC for funding by completing an application online by 7 February 2018.
CSC will evaluate the candidates according to CSC requirements and priorities and provide The University of Manchester with a final list of scholarship recipients and inform the successful candidates.
Contact details for enquiries
- Lynne Barlow-Cheetham
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 1200