Harry Clough Bursary (Music) 2024 Entry
Type of award
School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
This award is internal.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Bachelor's (Honours) degree at 2:1 or above (or overseas equivalent); and
- Master's degree in a relevant subject - with an overall average of 65% or above, a minimum mark of 65% in your dissertation and no mark below 55% (or overseas equivalent)
This funding is available to students from:
- United Kingdom
Other eligibility criteria
This award can be held alongside other awards.
You must submit your online application for a place on your chosen Postgraduate Research programme by 12 January 2024. This is to ensure you hold an offer of a place by the time the school committee make their selection.
Section 9 of the application asks for your funding intentions. In this section, you should detail fully all the competitions in which you would like to be considered. There is no limit to the number of competitions you may enter, but all must be detailed in your online application form to ensure you are included. Please add a funding source, and populate the fields as below:
- Type of Funding: Uni of Manchester Scheme
- Awarding Body (free text): Harry Clough Bursary
- Status of Funding: Intend to Apply
Please note that there is no separate funding application form for the Harry Clough Bursary. All decisions are based on the online programme application and supporting documents.
Your full online application must include:
- A 1,500 word PhD research proposal
- Copies of the academic transcript and certificate from both your Bachelor's and Master's degrees. If your Master's degree is pending, please provide an interim transcript
- An up to date academic CV, detailing your education and qualifications; employment history; publications; and any other relevant information
- You must nominate two academic referees (including one from your most recent institution). Your referees will be contacted directly via the Referee Portal following submission of your application form.
- If you are not from a majority English speaking country, you must additionally provide English Language evidence (e.g IELTS).
- After you submit your application, we may request a compositional portfolio.
- Academic merit and preparedness for research
- Quality and feasibility of research proposal
- Consideration of ethical responsibility
12 Jan 2024
Your complete online application for your preferred PhD programme must be submitted by 12 January 2024.
Please note that this is a strict deadline and late or incomplete applications will not be included in the competition.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback on individual applications, as outcomes are determined by independent panels.
Contact details for enquiries
- Humanities Doctoral Academy Admissions
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 1200