School of Environment, Education and Development Enhancing Racial Equality (SERE) Studentship 2024 Entry
Type of award
School of Environment, Education and Development
- Tuition fees
- An annual maintenance stipend (£18,622 per annum for 2023/24)
SEED is committed to truly engaging with principles of equality, diversity, and inclusion, including recognising those systemic barriers to inclusion, and we aim to ensure our student cohort reflects the diverse community we serve. We recognise that the entire HE sector needs to do more to adopt an anti-racist and inclusive agenda. This studentship is one of the ways that SEED is addressing the challenges.
This scholarship is open to Home (UK) applicants and offer holders who identify as Black and Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME)/People of Colour.
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
This award is internal.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- International Development
- Planning, Property and Environmental Management
- Bachelor's (Honours) degree at 2:1 or above (or overseas equivalent); and
- Master's degree in a relevant subject - with an overall average of 60% or above, a minimum mark of 60% in your dissertation (or overseas equivalent)
This funding is available to students from:
- United Kingdom
Other eligibility criteria
You must submit your online application for a place on your chosen Postgraduate Research programme by 19 January 2023. This is to ensure you hold an offer of a place by the time the school committee make their selection.
Your programme application should contain all necessary supporting documents. Section 9 of the application asks for your funding intentions. Please add a funding source, and populate the fields as below:
- Type of Funding: Uni of Manchester Scheme
- Awarding Body (free text): SEED SERE Studentship
- Status of Funding: Intend to Apply
Please note that there is no separate funding application form for School of Environment, Education and Development SERE Studentship. All decisions are based on the online programme application and supporting documents.
- A 1,500 word PhD research proposal. Please state the word count on page 1 of the document.
- Copies of the academic transcript and certificate from both your Bachelor's and Master's degrees. If your Master's degree is pending, please provide an interim transcript.
- An up to date academic CV, detailing your education and qualifications; employment history; publications; and any other relevant information.
- You must nominate two academic referees (including one from your most recent institution). Your referees will be contacted directly via the Referee Portal following submission of your application form. You may wish to contact your referees to request they submit your reference in a reasonable timeframe as this forms part of the review process.
19 Jan 2024
Please note that this is a strict deadline and late or incomplete applications will not be included in the competition.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback on individual applications, as outcomes are determined by independent panels.
Contact details for enquiries
- Humanities Doctoral Academy Admissions
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 1200