DCounsPsych Counselling Psychology / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2022
- View tabs
- View full page
Academic entry qualification overview
Bachelors degree in Psychology (minimum 2:1 or international equivalent). Candidates with a lower classification also require a Master's level qualification at Merit minimum.
Candidates whose first language is not English require one of the following certificates:
- IELTS test minimum scores - 7 overall, 7 writing, 6 other sections;
- TOEFL (internet based) test minimum scores - 100 overall, 25 writing, 22 other sections;
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) minimum scores - 66 overall, 66 writing, 59 other sections;
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) - overall score of 185 or above, with writing 185 and no other sub-section below 169, or Grade C if taken before 2015;
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) - overall score of 185 or above, with writing 185 and no other sub-section below 169, or Grade B if taken before 2015.
English language test validity
Some English Language test results are only valid for two years.
Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the programme.
Professional entry qualification
You will require basic counselling skills training and professional experience of using such skills.
This criterion might be met, for example, by completing a Certificate in Counselling Skills, or through employment or voluntary experience in a role using counselling skills.
You must also have British Psychological Society Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC).