PhD Fusion Energy CDT Materials / Programme details
Year of entry: 2024
- View tabs
- View full page
Please see the Fusion CDT website for details regarding the scope of the CDT and its training programme.
The combination of world-leading experts and world-class facilities creates an outstanding training environment for the next generation of fusion scientists - the generation who will exploit ITER, NIF and other international experiments to make fusion energy a reality. Key aspects of the programme:
- Provide students with a broad education in fusion energy science and technology through lectures and laboratory work.
- Organise an annual Frontiers and Interfaces workshop that provides students with a number of accessible research-level seminars both of direct relevance to fusion and in areas where there is overlap with fusion (materials science, technological plasmas, space, solar and astrophysical plasmas, fission, technology, etc.). The workshop will also provide opportunities for students to meet representatives from relevant industries and the international fusion labs.
- Foster interdisciplinary collaborative research projects between students working in related fields, but not necessarily at the same institute. Develop scientific communication and dissemination skills.
- Develop outreach programmes, to schools for example.
- Offer an opportunity to develop project management skills.
Practical support and advice for current students and applicants is available from the Disability Advisory and Support Service. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org