MSc by Research Particle Accelerator Physics / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2022
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
You should include details of your previous study, your research project title and the name of the academic member of staff you would like to supervise your research.
We strongly recommend that you make contact with your proposed supervisor before submitting an application.
Advice to applicants
Before you start your application, make sure you have all the information and documents you will need:
- Potential supervisor: we advise that you contact a potential supervisor before submitting your application. You can find a list of our Academic and Research staff here
- Transcript and degree certificates: you will need to provide transcripts even if you haven't graduated by the time you apply
- Two academic references: these can be scanned and uploaded when you apply or emailed to email@example.com . We do not request references on an applicant's behalf and it is your responsibility to ensure your referees know how to provide your reference to us.
- Personal statement: your personal statement shouldn't be longer than a page. For more information on how to write a personal statement see here
- Research proposal: typical proposals range between 1,000 and 1,500 words. This should clearly outline a supervisor and project title.
All documents must be provided in English. We prefer them to be submitted in PDF format.
If English is not your first language, we also require proof of your English language ability. If you have already taken an English language qualification, please include your certificate with your application. We may be willing to consider your application without this document, but if we choose to make you an offer, the conditions will include IELTS (or equivalent qualification).
How your application is considered
If you graduated more than three years ago, we will also consider the information contained on your CV and any relevant work experience you have to assess if you are still able to fulfil the entry criteria.
Overseas (non-UK) applicants
Please upload a copy of your current valid passport with your application showing the photograph page with your application. For CAS purposes, this must show your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and the date the passport is valid until, which must be later than the date of your planned arrival in the UK, and the start date of your course.
If you have previously studied in the UK on a Tier 4 visa as an undergraduate or postgraduate student, please send a copy of your previous CAS statement to us as it will assist with the issue of your new CAS statement. This includes study in the UK on study abroad programmes and any study that you did not complete.
You cannot use your CAS to apply for a visa more than three months before the start date of your course. The Admissions Team will contact you at the appropriate time.
Your CAS number is only valid for one Tier 4 application.