- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
This course is unavailable through clearing
BAEcon Accounting and Finance / Careers
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
Graduates from Accounting and Finance are highly sought by employers. Our graduates have gone on to the following careers:
- Accountancy and professional services - Ernst and Young, KPMG, Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers - as well as other graduate level employers such as Grant Thornton and BDO.
- Finance and banking - Alliance and Leicester, American Express, Bloomberg, Bank of America, Bank of New York, Cooperative Bank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Royal Bank of Canada, Royal Bank of Scotland, Santander, UBS.
- Government - National Audit Office, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Department of Health, FSA, Government Economics Service, HMRC, H M Treasury, House of Lords, Ministry of Justice, NHS, Welsh Assembly.
- Plus - BAE Systems, BBC, BT, Centre for Economics and Business Research, IBM, New Economy, Thomson Reuters.
The University has its own dedicated Careers Service that you would have full access to as a student and for two years after you graduate. The service can help you:
- find summer internships or work experience;
- apply for jobs and provide practice interviews;
- access online and interactive services such as practice psychometric tests.
At Manchester you will also have access to a number of opportunities to help boost your employability .
The University also organises careers fairs and events throughout the year to give you a chance to meet graduate recruiters.
You can improve your employability by choosing course units in Year 2 from:
Accountancy exam exemptions
Accounting and Finance pathways are accredited with a number of professional accountancy bodies, including:
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants .
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
Depending on the course units you choose you may be eligible for exemptions for professional examinations .