BSc Public Health (on campus) / Overview
Year of entry: 2023
- View tabs
- View full page
- Degree awarded
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- 3 years FT
- Typical A-level offer
BBB (including specific subjects).
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
We require 33 points overall with grades 5,5,5 in higher level subjects (one of which must include Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics [Analysis and Approaches or Applications and Interpretation], Physics, Geography, Geology, Computer Science or Psychology).
We will consider a number of other comparable qualifications, studied in the UK and internationally. If you have any queries about your particular qualification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to apply
- Sustainable Development Goals
Find out how this course aligns to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, including learning which relates to:
- Goal 3: Good health and well-being
- Goal 10: Reduced inequalities
- Develop the skills you need to explore a career in public health with global opportunities.
- Make a difference by learning how to improve health and wellbeing.
- Discover how to protect against health threats and reduce ill health.
- Learn about health inequalities and how to reduce these.
- Discover how to improve the physical, mental and social wellbeing of different age ranges and ethnic groups.
- Explore methods to ensure health services are effective, efficient and accessible.
- Access additional activities through our Public Health Professional Development programme, including the Geneva Winter School, epidemiology summer school, CPD courses and seminars.
Tuition fees for home students commencing their studies in September 2023 will be £9,250 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £16,500 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Policy on additional costs
All students should normally be able to complete their programme of study without incurring additional study costs over and above the tuition fee for that programme. Any unavoidable additional compulsory costs totalling more than 1% of the annual home undergraduate fee per annum, regardless of whether the programme in question is undergraduate or postgraduate taught, will be made clear to you at the point of application. Further information can be found in the University's Policy on additional costs incurred by students on undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes (PDF document, 91KB).
UN Sustainable Development Goals
The 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are the world's call to action on the most pressing challenges facing humanity. At The University of Manchester, we address the SDGs through our research and particularly in partnership with our students.
Led by our innovative research, our teaching ensures that all our graduates are empowered, inspired and equipped to address the key socio-political and environmental challenges facing the world.
To illustrate how our teaching will empower you as a change maker, we've highlighted the key SDGs that our courses address.
Goal 3: Good health and well-being
Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
Goal 10: Reduced inequalities
Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- Contact name
- Admissions team
- +44 (0)161 529 4563
- School/Faculty overview
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Compare this course
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.