Campus visits for school and college groups
Teachers of post-16 students may bring groups of their pupils to visit The University of Manchester campus, in order to get a taste of university life and experience first-hand the atmosphere of the University campus.
These visits are aimed at Year 11 and 12 students, with a focus on how to prepare for higher education.
The visits will include the following activities:
- a welcome presentation – featuring aspects to consider when choosing what and where to study, student life and information about The University of Manchester;
- a student ambassador Q&A panel – where your group get the opportunity to quiz current students about student life and the process of applying to university;
- a campus tour of the University;
- an optional 'Art of Application' session – this focuses on the UCAS application process, in particular what to include in a personal statement.
We have the following dates scheduled for visiting the campus throughout the 2017/18 academic year:
- Tuesday, 13 March 2018* (same day as Manchester UCAS Exhibition)
- Wednesday, 14 March 2018* (same day as Manchester UCAS Exhibition)
- Tuesday, 3 July 2018
- Thursday, 5 July 2018
- Tuesday, 10 July 2018
- Wednesday, 11 July 2018
- Thursday, 12 July 2018
*An opportunity to see the campus while visiting the city if your school or college is attending the Manchester UCAS Exhibition. The visit will start at 2pm and will feature a welcome talk and campus tour, finishing at approximately 3.30pm.
Visits begin at 12.30pm, with the campus tour finishing at 2.30pm. If you would like to stay for the Art of Application session, this will last an hour and will finish at 3.30pm.
If you would like to book on to any of the above dates, please complete and return the booking form to firstname.lastname@example.org (when completing the form please indicate whether you would like to attend the Art of Application session).
- Campus visit booking form (Word document, 42KB)
If any of the above dates are not suitable, please get in touch to discuss an alternative date, subject to availability.
Please note: in order to deliver a campus visit each date must have a minimum of 25 students booked on. Your booking may also be merged with another school or college group. Bookings must be made at least one month in advance of your scheduled visit date.
Service Level Agreement
Our Service Level Agreement outlines the key responsibilities of both parties (ie The University of Manchester and your school or college) participating in our recruitment and widening participation activities. You will be sent a copy of this document with your confirmation booking email, but you can also download it below.
- Download our Service Level Agreement (PDF document, 398KB)