Why study? presentations
Our Why study? series of presentations provides up-to-date information, advice and guidance to young people, so that they can make informed decisions about their future.
The talks raise awareness of some of the most competitive and demanding subject areas in higher education and encourage students to aspire to study them. At the moment all talks are delivered online. Talks are flexible and generally last between 30 and 45 minutes.
- provide information on popular disciplines available at university, which aren't taught, or are less widely taught, in the 14-19 curriculum;
- demonstrate some of the skills developed by studying a degree in this subject area;
- explore some of the careers that graduates from these subject areas could progress into;
- inform learners of any specific progression information, if appropriate (eg any preferred or mandatory GCSE or A-level subjects);
- raise awareness of additional opportunities available through degree courses in this subject area (eg study abroad or industry placement opportunities).
We currently offer talks on the following subjects:
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Discovering Humanities
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- English Literature
- Law (even if you don't want to be a lawyer)
- Medical Biochemistry
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Pharmacology and Medical History
- Politics and International Relations
- Understanding Social Marketing
Request a live presentation
Use our booking form to request a live delivery of an online Why study? presentation in your school or college.
Got a question?
Email us with your questions about our Why study? talks or any other activities.