The Nominations Committee
The Nominations Committee includes members from both the Board and General Assembly and its primary responsibility is appointment of lay members to both bodies, after ensuring robust recruitment, selection and due diligence processes, ensuring that the Board has an optimal and complementary mix of skills and experience, with members from a diversity of backgrounds.
The Chair of the Board of Governors
Mr Gary Buxton
Mrs Gillian Easson
Professor Danielle George
Mr Nick Hillman
Ms Bridget Lea
Mrs Susan Lipton
Ms Roz Webster
The President and Vice-Chancellor (in attendance)
Mr Mark Rollinson (Secretary)
The Committee’s principal matters of business are as follows:
- To recommend to the Board appointments to the Board, including those in Category 2 (lay members) of the Board membership. In making such recommendations, the Committee will ensure, in accordance with provisions of the relevant Ordinance appropriate and thorough due diligence before recommending appointment, ensuring that those appointed to the Board are fit and proper persons. The above includes, consideration of nominations made by the Alumni Association for the one place in Category 2 reserved for qualified members of the Association as set out in Statutes and Ordinances. In considering appointments, the Committee will utilise a skills framework agreed by the Board and ensure effective succession planning.
- To consider the reappointment of eligible members (including those in Category 2, lay members) at the end of their term of office and make recommendations to the Board.
- To regularly review membership requirements of Board committees, sub-committees and ad-hoc groups and make recommendations to the Board for appointments of Board members from any category of membership (and where appropriate co-opted members from outside Board membership) to these bodies.
- To recommend to the Board appointments to membership of General Assembly (unless this is determined by virtue of membership of a designated body or otherwise prescribed in the General Assembly constitution).
- To consider the reappointment of eligible General Assembly members at the end of their term of office and make recommendations to the Board.
- To recommend to the General Assembly the appointment to be made to the office of Pro-Chancellor.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned to it by the Board from time to time.
- Wednesday, 14 October 2020
- Wednesday, 17 March 2021
- Wednesday, 19 May 2021