Entry requirements and applications
Our step-by-step guide for Study Abroad and exchange applicants.
Step one: check that you meet our basic entry requirements
- You're a current undergraduate at a university or college of education outside of the UK.
- You have a B grade average or above, or a 3.0 minimum in 4.0 GPA scale.
- You're proficient in written and spoken English, evidenced by:
- currently studying for a degree taught entirely in English;
- a qualification (for example, the Hong Kong O-level or Norwegian Vitnemal);
- an English language test (IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Pearson Test of English or Cambridge Certificate) with a minimum overall IELTS score (or equivalent) of 6.0, and 5.5 or higher in every component.*
- If applying for an exchange programme, you'll need to have first secured your home university's nomination.
* Please note, some subject areas may have additional language requirements.
Step two: browse our study options
Use our search tool to find out what you can study when you're here, as well as any subject-specific restrictions or additional requirements.
Step three: gather your supporting documents
All students applying to a programme will need to provide their:
- most recent academic transcript.
You may also need, if applicable:
- English language certificate or qualification;
- autumn assessment approval form (PDF, 201KB);
- financial confirmation letter (fee-paying applicants).
Step four: submit your application
When applying, you'll be taken to an online portal where you'll choose your programme and attach additional documents.
The deadline for applications depends on when you're coming to study:
- full academic year (September–June): 1 June;
- Autumn semester (September–January): 1 June;
- Spring Semester (January–June): 1 November.
For more information on semester timings, visit our key dates page.
Step five: let us know your chosen units
After we've received your application, we'll be in touch via email with instruction on submitting your choice of units.
Step six: wait for the result of your application
If your application is successful, we'll send you an offer letter and guidance on applying for accommodation, registering for a Student visa and further orientation information.