MSc International Fashion Retailing / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2022
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
Please only apply for one of the following courses: MSc International Fashion Marketing, MSc International Fashion Retailing, MSc International Fashion Retailing (Entrepreneurship and Innovation). If you wish to transfer your application or offer we can review this throughout the cycle, although there is no guarantee that we will be able to change it.
Please check the suitable backgrounds and entry requirements for each course.As there is high demand for this course we operate a staged admissions process with selection deadlines throughout the year. Due to the competition for places, we give preference to students with grades above our minimum entry requirements. If we make you an offer, you will have 6 weeks in which to accept. Any offers not accepted within 6 weeks will be withdrawn so that an offer can be made to another candidate.
Stage 1: Application deadline Friday 29 October 2021, decision communicated by Friday 17 December 2021
Stage 2: Application deadline Friday 7 January 2022, decision communicated by Friday 18 February 2022
Stage 3: Application deadline Friday 4 March 2022, decision communicated by Friday 29 April 2022
Stage 4: Application deadline Friday 6 May 2022, decision communicated by Friday 01 July 2022
You need to ensure that you submit your supporting documents with your application as it may delay us processing your application before the decision deadline.Whilst we aim to give you a decision on your application by the deadline date, in some instances due to the competition for places and the volume of applications received, it may be necessary to roll your application forward to the next deadline date. If this is the case we will let you know after the deadline date.Applications received after our final selection deadline will be considered at our discretion if places are still available. Please note: All places are subject to availability and if you apply at one of the later stages, some courses may already be closed. We therefore recommend that you apply early in the cycle to secure your place with us.
Applicants who are made a conditional offer of a place must demonstrate that they have met all the conditions of their offer by 31st July 2022.
Advice to applicants
We require the following documents before we can consider your application.
- Latest transcripts of study showing all modules completed including credit weighting and grades achieved
- If you have not yet graduated, a list of the modules that you will be completing in the final year of your degree together with their credit weighting
- An official document from your university verifying your current weighted average mark if this information is not included in your transcript of study. Please note : this must be recorded as a percentage, not as a GPA grade, and must give the weighted average mark, not an arithmetic average mark.
- We require references from two people who have knowledge of your academic ability in support of your application, although we can process your application with one academic reference. In most cases, these should be academic references, from a lecturer or professor at your last university. In some cases (for example, if your academic studies occurred some time ago), it might be more appropriate to submit recommendations from those familiar with your professional experience. If you have difficulty in identifying suitable referees you should ask for advice from the admissions team for your course. We will contact your referees directly after you submit your application and direct them to complete our online reference form.
- Degree certificate if you have already graduated.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) if you graduated more than three years ago.
If English is not your first language, we also require proof of your English language ability. If you have already taken an English language qualification, please include your certificate with your application. We may be willing to consider your application without this document, but if we choose to make you an offer, the conditions will include IELTS (or equivalent qualification).
You must submit all these supporting documents with your application. If any of the above information is missing, we will not be able to consider your application and it will be rolled forward to the next stage or withdrawn.
How your application is considered
We consider your full academic history including which course units you have taken and the marks obtained. Even if you have met our minimum entry requirements, we will take into account your marks in relevant course units in our final decision making.
If you graduated more than three years ago, we will also consider the information contained on your CV and any relevant work experience you have to assess if you are still able to fulfil the entry criteria.
Due to the competitive nature of our courses it is not normally possible to transfer between courses after accepting your place .
Overseas (non-UK) applicants
Please upload a copy of your current valid passport with your application showing the photograph page with your application. For CAS purposes, this must show your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and the date the passport is valid until, which must be later than the date of your planned arrival in the UK, and the start date of your course.
If you have previously studied in the UK on a Tier 4 visa as an undergraduate or postgraduate student, please send a copy of your previous CAS statement to us as it will assist with the issue of your new CAS statement. This includes study in the UK on study abroad programmes and any study that you did not complete.
You cannot use your CAS to apply for a visa more than three months before the start date of your course. The Admissions Team will contact you at the appropriate time.
Your CAS number is only valid for one Tier 4 application.